Developer, CGA Software Ltd. t/a CGA Technology
|13B, Briarhill Business Park, Ballybrit, Co. Galway, Ireland Eircode H91 HP99||Salary: See Description for Details|
|Closing Date: 30/04/2019||Immediate Job|
Salary - €26000-36000 (Depending on candidate experience)
CGA Technology develop a single SAAS (Software as a service) product to assist in streamlining business processes with a focus on compliance-related activities. CGA has sales, support, consulting, implementation, online development and app development functions within the business.
The company’s product, Flex Manager, is used globally in a diverse set of industries from construction to healthcare, with over 100,000 employees accounted for, via its use and growing stronger each year.
THE ROLE (FUSION Project) – 18 Month Duration
The main objective of this project is to redesign and develop an intuitive visual analytics system with the capability of developing artificial intelligence reports, using modern best practice.
This is the first development of its kind in this sector and the information could be used to highlight unsafe practices and reduce workplace accidents and injury for the platform’s customers. This will allow CGA to develop an already market-leading product into a disruptive technology and drive sales globally.
Reporting to the Company Supervisor, you will be employed by CGA Technology to lead this InterTradeIreland FUSION project in partnership with the Ulster University. As part of this role you will undertake a fully funded Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, from the William J. Clinton Leadership Institute at Queen’s University, Belfast. The skills learned through the Diploma will enhance your personal, professional and managerial capabilities and will provide you with the necessary and valuable business skills to help you undertake your project role. The company will fully support you throughout this by factoring in the required time off to attend modules and workshops.
• To carry out the tasks outlined in the project workplan and liaise with your Company and Academic Supervisors on an ongoing basis.
• To convene and service monthly technical meetings with the core project team (Graduate, Company Supervisor and Academic Supervisor).
• To report formally on a quarterly basis on progress with the workplan to a Project Management Group (PMG), this includes the assigned FUSION Consultant representing InterTradeIreland.
• To train staff so that the new technology is fully transferred and embedded in the company.
• To work closely with the academic partner and travel to the academic institute as required.
• To undertake the Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, attending course modules and workshops.
• Any other duties which might fall within the general ambit of the post.
Candidates must possess:
1. To hold or be awarded by July 2019, a min 2.1 degree in either Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electronic Engineering, or a closely related discipline.
2. Experience in programming in at least one common programming language and software skills as evidenced by the ability to use and manipulate software tools.
3. High level of oral and written communication skills, and sound organisational ability.
4. The ability to work collaboratively and flexibly as an integral part of a team.
5. The motivation to work unsupervised for long periods and to deliver results at a professional level.
6. Legally permitted to work in the EU.
7. Willingness to travel as required by the post.
1. Postgraduate qualification in a Data Analytics/Data Science/Machine Learning
2. Experience of working in industry
3. Knowledge of PHP
4. Strong Level of Mathematical Ability
5. Accuracy and Attention to Detail
6. Ability to analyse, model and interpret data
7. Methodical and logical approach
8. Access to own transport
Already a member of our Talent Pool? Login here to Apply
Join our Talent Pool + submit your application