Data Science and Optimization Engineer, Endeco Technologies Limited T/A GridBeyond
|Salary: Up to €60,000 per annum, dependent on experience|
|Closing Date: 18/08/2020||Closing Time: 09:30|
Who we are…..
Based in Dublin, GridBeyond’s technology assists in balancing the electricity grid, enabling the integration of renewable energy, and delivering enhanced benefits to energy consumers. It simplifies the complex energy market, by bringing together Demand Side Response, Capacity, Smart tariffing, Energy trading, Peak avoidance and Energy optimisation into one unified platform. GridBeyond has successfully deployed its technology at over 350 sites in the UK and Ireland. It actively controls flexible demand across a range of Industrial and commercial sectors.
What the role will involve…….
The successful candidate will be part of the R&D team and work on a project, in conjunction with University of Ulster, to build technology that will enhance GridBeyond’s offering for energy trading and optimization services – this will include complex modelling, programming, analysis, design, and assisting in the delivery of software applications. The candidate will research alternative technical solutions to fulfil project objectives and will assist the development and delivery of these solutions for GridBeyond’s customers and clients. The successful candidate will be the technical lead on this 18 Month project, in a supportive partnership with Ulster University
As well as an attractive salary offering up to €60,000 per annum, depending on experience, the successful graduate will also have the opportunity to study for a Post Grad Diploma in Business & Management as part of the employment package.
GridBeyond have offices in Dublin and Cork and the role can be based in either location – the final decision will be agreed with the successful candidate. The role will require travel between Dublin and Cork offices periodically (regardless of decision on primary location).
We need you to have…….
• Undergraduate degree in computer science, mathematics or another numerate / computational discipline (min 2.1).
• Postgraduate degree (Masters/PhD) involving machine learning and/or optimization
• at least two years industrial experience in a R&D role involving machine learning and/or optimization
• Legally permitted to work in ROI
We would like you to have…..
Experience and Skills
• Strong software development skills as demonstrated through machine learning projects.
• Practical experience and theoretical knowledge of reinforcement learning (preferably deep RL), machine learning and deep learning frameworks such as Tensorflow, PytTorch or any similar technology as listed below
• Knowledge of Classification algorithms such as Decision Trees or Bayesian models
• Knowledge of and practical experience using regression techniques
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Self-motivated and able to meet project deadlines.
• Knowledge of one or more of the following: forecasting, model predictive control, supervised machine learning, smart grids.
• Experience/Familiarity with any of these technologies: Matlab/Octave, Tensorflow, PytTorch, python scikit-learn, python pandas, Accord.Net, ML.Net or similar. Modelling languages ( Pyomo, GAMS) and solvers (e.g. CBC, Gurobi)
• Any of the following programming languages: Python, C#, C++, Java, R
• Experience with .NET framework
Already a member of our Talent Pool? Login here to Apply
Join our Talent Pool + submit your application